It's about time for a new revised "About Me" page, so here goes...
Yes, I've been getting happy with the eyeliner lately.
Name: Cindy, Cynthia on legal stuff, Cyn to many people I know
Marital Status: Married 9 1/2 years to John, husband #2
Kids: Beast 1 - 13 year old boy - Hammy
Beast 2 - 8 year old girl - Booie
Animals (not human): one brown husky named Kaya, and two vile cats named Asia and Biddy
Height: 5'5 1/2"
Occupation: Besides myself, I'm supposed to work part-time as a physical therapy tech if the hospital where my boss went gets off their asses and hire me. Before that, I was a housewife for 8 years.
Other Unimportant Info
- Born May 25, 1969, which makes me a Gemini in Western astrology, a cock (that would be a rooster) in Eastern astrology, and a whiney, good-for-nothing Generation Xer in American society.
- Born in Omaha, Nebraska where I lived most of my life but for 3 years of Air Force backed stays in Guam and Las Vegas, Nevada before my age reached double digits.
- Moved to Pittsburgh, PA in 1998 for my homesick, restless husband.
- John and I spent more than 2 years in marriage counseling until we were finally told to go forth on our own in August. John is going to continue individual therapy for his dysfunctional childhood which resulted in his dysfunctional self.
- I don't claim a religious denomination. My parents are Christian fundamentalists, "reborn" after I moved away from home. They don't know that, according to them, I'm probably going to Hell. I, on the other hand, don't believe I can go to a scare tactic, so you can think I'm going to Hell too.
- I also don't claim a political party, making me what is labeled as Independent, because we all have to be something. I hate voting, because to me it's like choosing between sheep shit and goat shit, but I hold my nose and vote every once in a while anyway.
- I'm not quite a vegetarian. I don't eat land animals. My rule currently is: if I could kill it and prepare it myself, I'll eat it. I'm capable of catching and gutting fish and seafood, even though I still feel a little guilty about it. I don't preach vegetarianism, but I do preach higher standards in food processing, because there is shit in the meat (hello, e. coli). My husband and kids still eat meat, except Booie won't eat pigs, because they are her favorite animal.
- I crave neatness, even though I am a packrat and clutterbug. My house is often a mess, and I believe it is leading to my early demise.
- Once upon a time, I liked to quilt. I have hundreds of yards of fabric and over 40 unfinished quilts in my basement that hasn't been unpacked since I moved to Pittsburgh. One day, I'll like to quilt again and live happily ever after. The end.
- About every 6 months, I do 5-6 scrapbook pages. Every month I take about 500-600 pictures. You can see some at my Fotolog. You can see at this ratio, I will have to live thousands of years to have finished scrapbooks.
- I read a lot. It's the only thing I do regularly. My love of books started from the time I could shove a book at any adult victim.
- I like to run, mountain bike, and do other active things, even though I don't do them all that often. I hope to do a marathon in May, but that will require removing my ass from chairs and couches. I'm still working on that.
- I still don't really know what I'm doing with myself. I'm a good example of how not to manage your life.
One Year Ago Today: